Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2012

OUR OWN PERSONAL LITTLE JESUS...

Luke 11:9

“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."

Colossians 1:16&17 

"He created all things and in Him all things are held together."

Genesis Chapter 1 


"He created all things with a word"

Acts 17:23

"For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. ’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you."

Job 42:5

“I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear; But now my eye sees You;"


In Him 478 times plus, In Christ 245 times = 723 Total 
Christ in you = 1 time


I grew up hearing evangelists and pastors telling me that I needed Jesus as my personal Savior. They were right, I did. For most Christians in the U.S. that is where it ends. Sometimes a disaster occurs and they turn back to Jesus for help. Sometimes the results are what they are hoping for and sometimes not so much.

Most of the Christians that I have known at least start out thinking of Jesus as the personal Savior that lives in their heart, or baby Jesus in the manger. Both are a small Jesus with a limited role in their life and creation.  In Luke 11:29 Jesus says seek and you will find. The little Jesus is the one most people have been seeking.

In Acts 17 Paul talks about being in Rome and seeing an alter inscribed "to an unknown GOD". Many people have been saved by a God they don't know. Job faithfully served a God he didn't know. He walked blamelessly before the Lord. Job did not walk in faith, but in fear which is what gave the enemy the opening to attack him. In the book Job chapters 38 & 39 God schools Job on who He is and what He has done. In chapter 42 Job says "before this I had only heard about you but, now I see you with my own eyes". Now Job is not just a servant of an unknown God, he has seen Him and knows Him. This is when Job has everything restored and more. 

John 1 and Colossians 1 both say that "all things were created by Him (Jesus), and in Him all things are held together". In Genesis chapter 1 it shows us God creating everything by speaking a word. The Hebrew word for God in that verse is "Elohim" or literally "Gods". Father, Son & Holy Spirit are revealed in the first verse of the Bible. The same Jesus walked on water, healed the sick, kicked the devils butt, and rose from the dead! The new testament talks about "Jesus in you" one time, it talks about "you in Christ" 723 times. He is big enough that we can all be in Him. If your Jesus is too small to meet your needs, trade him in (like Job did) for the one that is big enough and caring enough to meet them all and more!

                                                           Pastor Ron

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it took so long to see this. Great word, I am so proud to call you my Pastor

    ReplyDelete